Rugby First is delighted to welcome Clair Saxon as a new Rugby First Board Member. At a recent meeting Board meeting Clair’s nomination was proposed and seconded unanimously by the Board. As co-owner of zero waste store Rugby Unwrapped, Clair has been running a business in Rugby for just over a year and is looking forward to making a difference to improving the town centre’s prosperity and environment.
Rugby Borough Council is funding a new ShopAppy service to support shopkeepers impacted by the new lockdown restrictions. The scheme provides an online store-front for businesses who are unable to provide online shopping basket and payment services, allowing them to list items for collection or delivery during this crucial pre-Christmas shopping period. Retailers can register their interest by emailing email@example.com.
As we approach our second lockdown, Rugby town centre businesses are not letting the challenges of COVID-19 stop them from providing the best customer service:
- Five Star Theatre was named Best Theatre Production House 2020 in the SME News 2020 Midlands Enterprise Awards.
- The Courthouse ran an offer on kids meals during October half-term.
- Terracotta boutique launched their new website https://terracotta.boutique
- Niki-Lus shoe shop began to stock a new range of soy candles from a local maker.
- The new website page for Bloom. Space Rugby co-working space went live https://www.bloom.space/rugby
- Congratulations to Steven and Esther from Complete Estate Agents, who have been awarded Gold and Silver Awards for Five Star Customer Service in Estate Agency in Rugby and surrounding villages.
- Clair Saxon (Co-owner of from Rugby Unwrapped) became a new Rugby First Board Member.
The Small Business Saturday campaign will be featuring Rugby for the very first time on Thursday 12 November.
This is part of a month long marketing campaign, kicking off on 2nd November with daily ‘virtual visits’, meeting small businesses and communities in over thirty locations across the UK and beaming them out via their social channels in the run up to Small Business Saturday on 5 December.
- Free virtual mentoring advice on a range of topics, from digital marketing, to time and money management.
- Live interviews with local businesses, experts, dignitaries and supporters streamed via Small Business Saturday’s Facebook page
- Fun-filled daily ‘Happy Hour’ giveaway broadcast
- Interactive workshops with local business experts.
Welcome to Rugby Vintage Gelato who have opened on Church Street. Bringing a huge range of rainbow-coloured sundaes, American and Belgian style waffles, sweet crepes and pancakes, cookie dough dessert, cakes and of course gelato to the town.
With sixteen different gelato flavours, including pistachio, Nutella and Oreo, the dessert parlour also serves eight different milkshake flavours and – just what we need in this Autumnal weather – nine different blends of hot chocolate.